Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Hello from where it is very hot and spiders & bugs are very happy!‏

We ate empanadas for Valentine's day (that is what I used the money for) Thank you!
Your donation fed the 4 of us for 30 pesos, which is about 10
American bucks. (Great Huh!)
I also sent a picture of our washer and 'lettuce' spinner for our
clothes. (Ha!)

Also you will notice our new living arrangements, again, it's
really hot here & since heat rises you can see our solution was
to hug the ground level.

The last picture is for the primary in our new Lake St. Louis
ward, they sent me letters and I got them this week along with
the stamps (yea! Thank you!). If you can send them this picture
or print it out for the primary and tell them that I loved it and
I have all of their letters hanging in our house in the windows.
(helps to shade from the heat too!) It was a nice surprise!

Josh has asked for a story about our investigators. Well, I have
a great story but it is kind of sad at the same time. A family
that we found this past month (named Favian, his 'non' wife
Marina and their small daughter Luciana. We love teaching
them b/c they are very intelligent and grasp everything we
teach them, but this past couple of visits the husband has been
a little different. So, we met with him without his wife and
daughter, just us and him. He began to talk and talk about
everything. We had asked him before this visit to pray to get
married and to know if this church is true. He told us he
doesn't love the woman that he has been living with for the
past 10 years and the only reason he is still around is for his
daughter and they just found out that she is pregnant again.
That puts us in a bind now. We want them to stay together
but not if he doesn't love her. He doesn't want to pray to know
if the BOM is true, but he will pray about everything else. (I
don't know why).

If you'll remember that this last Sunday was my talk, it went
great! I was able to talk about everything I had wanted to
share with the ward. Well anyway, Favian never wanted to
come to church previously. (It has always been his non-wife
and daughter that come but he still insists he wants the
discussions.) This Sunday he came for my talk & stayed the
whole sacrament & ended up liking it a lot. I spoke about what
it means to be a member and how to succeed in this life as one.
Afterwards, he told us he liked it a lot and said that he wanted
to pray now about the BOM to know why we are different and
why we believe these things, but still told us that he doesn't
know about his non-wife. If you could pray for this family that
would be great.

I have to go but I love you so much. Thanks for everything,
and I'm sorry my letter was really random. Please call Carissa
and tell her I love her and congratulations!

Love,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment